Thursday, February 7, 2019

You and Me, Always


This book by Jill Mansell is the second book I am reading by this author.  The first book had not impressed me at the first go, but when I picked up the book again (purely due to boredom) it did impress me.  So, this time I went ahead and read this book, You and me always.

It has all elements of a feel-good contemporary, romantic chick-lit.  Main highlight of the book is the chemistry between Dan and Lily.  Though it was nerve-racking sometimes, it also got me smiling at some of the shenanigans both were up against each other.  This is a book that showcases not just one, but three love stories revolving around the three protagonists.  There were several romantic moments like a bouquet for a romantic fool like me.  The story was funny and intriguing and sensitive all at the same time.  The whole set of Stanton Langley was like a warm sunny morning in Winter.  The author has vividly drawn a picturesque town aptly becoming the romantic setting.  Moreover she makes even a parking lot seem like a romantic place.

All set for a promising romance novel and throw in a handsome movie star, you wonder if this novel will get made into a movie (I mean in real life).  The author has managed to pin some thrilling moments pivotal to the story.  But the result of these twist and turns, though predictable, also makes us flip pages in bated breath.

The only downside was that the pages or rather the chapters could have been cut short.  But I like how the author has included chapters to have a concrete ending though she could have cut short a couple of chapters.  You can curl up and spend your holidays with this book and when you finish you will have a warm feeling of content like after watching a good romance flick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...