Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Can love happen twice

This novel is considered the sequel to "I too had a love story" novel.  The author has given a disclaimer that it might or might not be a true story, meaning it is fiction.  When the first one was totally based on his life this one is all his imagination.  Meaning its his creativity in full focus and I am sorry to say I was not at all thrilled at the plot of the story. 

When the author has given himself this honest lover boy image, he totally kills Simar's by portraying her as Horny, immature and whiny.  Well, we can accept the fact that he is healing after his first loss, but I think he should also be more mature and understand that his partner will not or rather does not like being married to him.  I think it would be have been more realistic if he would have walked away from this relationship.

I am from the South India and I do understand Hindi.  But I imagine how the author would explain those sentences to a foreigner, if at all they pick this book. (This is from the house of Penguin publishers!).  I think his loss of words for a better translation or his idea to capture the essence of the situation better, would have forced him keep a lot of sentences in Hindi itself.

The climax was not neat.  It felt forced and abrupt.  Suddenly Simar has a change of heart, because she heard the story from a different point of view.  Well, it can happen.  But still it was not complete more like an open ending.  The author could have taken a chapter or two to handle that situation more better.  Just the fact that this book is fiction was a big turn off to me because I wanted to see if he was doing good or if he had moved on.  In contrast to the previous novel, this novel was unrealistic, mostly erotic and right down pathetic.  Had I not bought this ages ago as a bundle I would not have read this sequel.  I also would not recommend it to anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...